Friday, February 16, 2018

Super Speed Chinese New Year Eve Meal

I swear I won't do this again.
This, is my historical lightening speed for a festival cook. Arrive home 6pm, have an eight course Chinese New Year eve dinner ready before 8pm. AND they are all traditional dish and most require a lot of time and efforts. Our family's regular way takes one whole night before the the day, then pretty much a whole day on new year eve to perfect this just one dinner.
My schedule has been not worked as "tradition" way this year. I always believe I can make it happen, even everyone show me a "now what you gonna do" look. But when I fried the endless pork and meat balls and bean curd, while five other burners were all on full powers and almost burned my manicure and half an eyebrow, I realized it is truly not a good way for me to enjoy this annual family cooking tradition.
Sometimes, to achieve is a thing. To enjoy is another thing.
Oh but I eventually pair a good wine.

我的意思是,完全从开油锅算起,两小时之内把年夜饭端上桌了。
这种挑战一生一次就好。实在对心脏有负担。
嗯,对漂亮的指甲和眉毛也不宜。
虽说坐下来,看家人惊喜开心的团年,有着这样我也居然做成了的成就。可提前一整夜寒风里伴着一炸一惊的油锅偷偷吃了烫着嘴的小兴奋,除夕夜一整天家里各种煮各种香的混合,还是不应该错过的呀。
新一年,让我们好好的更多的享受一粥一饭的快乐吧。


























拜年拜年!愿大家平安健康,做的顺心,吃的开心!
Happy New Year to you! Slow down, enjoy <3