Sunday, December 17, 2017

Jingle Jingle Let's Mingle: 2017 Holiday Luncheon w/BFF


I am a very lucky person, every friend comes to my life brings me messages, inspirations, and warmth. There is many ways we say thanks and loves, asking for my holiday lunch invite has been a very popular one recently. May be because of my food, or because of my laughs?

I consider cooking is love made visible. Above all, Christmas makes everything softer and more beautiful.







Two steps I can never afford to miss for my parties to go smoothly without any missing or delay: a very detailed menu (I may even including drawings and oven settings if for group over 40), set & label all serving plates/bowls. Food need to be served at their perfect temperatures, so I do dress up and make up in advance and make sure foods are good before or upon guests arrival. That's means, a lot of intensive work by the last minute in kitchen. Menu and presetting helps me a lot for not forgetting items or wondering what's next when make a toast with guests ;) 



Olive, Caper, Cheese, Hummus Plate w/Grapes & Bread

Cocktail Shrimp & Arctic Bay Clam


Home-Smoked Salmon. Sometimes, if you try my cook you will never want grocery's. Like my smoked salmon, it even addict the none-salmon person, many times and adding. 


Fresh Baked Croissants (Raisin, Chocolate, Butter) A lot of my friends asking for these for a whole year every time we catch up. The best taste: within half hour out of the oven. 


Greenland (Edamame, broccoli, Spring Mix, cucumber roll, squash noodle, avocado, radish)



Holiday Salad Tree (Mizuna, Butterhead, radish, cherry tomato, pomegranate, carrot, avocado wealth, celery, cheese) Oh I was too busy I had to skip peeling pomegranate: no one found out, luckily....


A Very Berry Christmas Tree. I used a pear on top of a huge pineapple as the base. Trust me, there are a lot  and a lot of berries in needed to make it full. Some of my friends allergic to chocolate, so "snow" covers only the top half the tree.




 Watermelon Lollipop W/Dark Chocolate & Pistachios 


An Always-Ask-for Flan


 Cheesecake






Rice Noodle
Choice with Beef Brisket & Tendon Soup
Or Grounded Chicken Marianna Sauce
Condiment: Green Onion, Cilantro, Bamboo Shoot, Roasted Peanut


Hot Chocolate Stand (Double Cocoa, White Cocoa, Cream-filled Waffle, cinnamon, mint, candy cane, marshmallow)


Hot Tea (Green, Flower Queen: Hibiscus, Peony and Rose) 

   


Fruit & Herb Infused Water


A true surprise my friend sending to me. What a labor of love! I was almost in tears when they bring out this cake and sing around me. It is a blessing to be loved.




Happy Holidays, to all friends near and far. Eat more nice food, visit more beautiful places, hug tight your love ones.