Friday, November 28, 2014

A lot to thank for ---- 2014 thanksgiving & after eats 感恩又一年

One more year has been flying away. Counting my blessings while spending this precious fest with the closest and love ones.
Thanksgiving is my tradition to spend only with family so to keep low-key and quiet as possible. The menu really seldom changed. We keep all traditional and simple and just polish a bit to adjust to a very little change on taste. Above all, it always a big bird show.
人说体会时光如梭就是成年了。这2014就要溜走啦,温馨的感恩节,把一串的佳节好时光撩开了序幕。





The first run before all story begins. I always enjoy the idea that a happy chef is a good chef, best treat yourself before you giving others ;)
My cheese, sausage and little goodies plate.
以前在乡野的饭店前读到“瘦厨子不是好厨子”,不知认同与否。不过开心才做好菜是真的。我在这一点上从不怠慢自己。 哈哈!
最近有搜到一种上好的青橄榄,迷死人啦。
 
 

Beaujolais in town! It's a world event to celebrate first fall fresh wine. I first found it  comes around this season on the first Thanksgiving I ever had years and years ago, and surprisingly how well it pairs with turkey, at least to my taste. the light and fruity body bright the spirit. Happy Fall!
感恩节时对新鲜的葡萄酒就充满了期待。每年11月第三周末,是全球欢庆丰收和新酒的好日子。没有什么陈年,岁月,也就随性自在起来。
 
 
 
 


 
My 21.43lb bird. My son picked up. They thought "not that big", and it's quite right. My once a big record was 27lb. Hard to beat!
I truly enjoy the method of brining. It makes the taste and texture so much better. And I did not even in need to check inside temperature. The juicy tender meat is unbelievable good.
我总是对brining火鸡到了迷信的地步:肉入味且有脆的口感,香味浓郁且多汁,相对还简单不易失手,真的有雄心:再大都不怕!
 
 
 
 

I don't understand how a sticky powdery gravy pour on top of dry meat can survive a dish. The best "gravy" is the pure broth. Took away the top oil, the true sweetness of veg, turkey and wine pair the meat in a light and elegant way.
而且自然馥郁的鸡汁真的很正,留下烧碗软细面也一流的!
 
 
 
 


For Cranberry & Orange Conserve this year, I add some tender ginger tips, together with half brown sugar with half white sugar, warmth heat the dish. And some pecans add the texture.  
解腻的好东东!
 
 


I change green bean casserole to a simpler and lighter way. The bacon wow the kiddos. And the oil direct from bacon fragrance the dish.
四季豆可以很翠很软很迷人。
 
 
 
 
 
Where for turkey oil? There is turkey oil, and loads of butter dripped after brushing brushing brushing during the last half hour. I saved some for the tri-mushroom dish. Animal oil always pairs very well with mushrooms. So tender, earthly, and sweet side dish.
配动物油脂的蘑菇可不是一般的鲜。
 
 
 

You may find us never do stuffing dish. But we never miss the mashed potato. This one is so creamy and buttery, even the picky eater keep asking for more ladle. I put some mozzarella cheese this year. Works even better than parmesan.
有时候,就是最传统的,反而最要心去做。也往往最受欢迎。
 
 
 

We never get tired to request roasted pineapple when eating Brazilian BBQ out, so why not do a quick one at home? Just a bit cinnamon will do all the magic.
就是一点点月桂粉,和热烤,就能把菠萝所有的迷人糖份献出来。
 
 
 
 

My very plate. Love every bit of it. 感恩一路上有缘的人与事与物。
 
 
 
 


And a pumpkin pie! It always take me to survey pumpkin pie or pecan pie, so this year I do a little pecan on pumpkin, make a settlement.
先生对pie始终提不起兴致,我是一般般,不过小朋友们就很盎然。看他们为哪一个pie 口味迟疑不决,真是好玩,就来个小混搭,让他们开心。
胡桃是妈妈一个一个拾来剥了的。新鲜美味。
 
 
 
 
 

Don't you agree it feels special to sleep till 1pm on Black Friday? Thanks to all on-line shopping, I spent so much and so quick, and still be able to enjoy a good life. Before work on my Friday brunch, this is my "morning" treat from the slow cooker prepared last night. White mushroom, dates, lotus sweet soup. Nice to my skin & throat.
吃到第二日。早上, 我的意思是,醒来,下午的时候,总要补补自己,才能开工罢。
 
 
 

Yes, once a while, home baked croissants! 空气里飘着牛油面包的香,这就是只有我一个人慢慢操持的周末的味道。难得是周五哦。
 
 
 


What a wonderful thing to enjoy warm weather, and fresh berries in this winter time while most of the country is under cold storm?
早餐里蔬菜不够,就要有足够漂亮的水果补。
 
 
 

After so many years pan-fry bacon, I finally do it from the oven. And what a difference! Mostly I mean my hair ----- so much clean and less messy!
又肥又酥。男士们可爱了。



My eggs are very nice: mix with a bit heavy whipping cream and fat-free milk, AND I reserve some oil from bacon pan :)
鸡蛋也是香蓬蓬的。
 
 
 

The view from my breakfast table is extra delightful. 眺看窗外,打高尔夫的都没有,人人在过散漫的团圆节,鸟啊鹿啊小动物啊也全落得清闲呵。
 
 
 
 

I love the rooster on my XXXL coffee set, good morning all! 我不知道为什么,就欢喜超大的品质上好的咖啡杯,好似咖啡的容积与幸福和舒适成正比似的。而且越比旁人的大,越占了多少便宜一般。钻石都没有这样比的,只限咖啡杯!
 
 
 

And some real fresh orange juice makes everyone keep greeting each other "morning", even it's 2pm.
我其实总是喜欢新鲜水果多过果汁。所以一旦提供果汁,全家人都就觉得是多不同的场合似的。有了特别感。